DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wait... It's happening NEXT weekend?

There are gaming conventions all around the world.  Some are big, some are small, but all of them have one thing in common; a need for organization.  A few years ago Las Vegas had the distinction of getting its very own "big" gaming convention called Neoncon.  Last year, they even hosted the Iron GM event and I was really excited when I heard that they would have the Iron GM again this year.  I subscribed to their site and eagerly waited to find out more.

Time went by and very little information appeared so I set a message to one of the event organizers asking specifically about the Iron GM event.  If I could make it to the whole con I really wanted to make sure I at least made it to this.

More time passed.

Now the con is one mere week away and instead of being giddy with anticipation, I was mildly surprised to hear that it was happening so soon.  The Neoncon website still says to pardon their dust and that the site will be tested and ready to go by August 24th.

Is this really a way to host a con?  Maybe a local event, but for one that (as I understood it at least) was trying to become one of the bigger gaming events this is an utter fail in my book.  Too bad as I had been really excited to get back to a gaming convention as its been years.  Ah well, maybe their site will be ready for next year...

No comments: