DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Game Death

"Call it nurse."

"Game officially dead at 10:37am."

"Alright, time to get this one to the morgue."

It's happened to us all at one point or another.  The story is just getting to the dramatic climax, your group is just one session away from the big showdown... and then real life steps in and puts the kibosh on your plans.  The cliff hanger turns into a fall off the Empire State Building as you reach a point where you just want the story to be over.

Unfortunately this is the situation that I am facing yet again with my group.  Of the four role playing story lines that we've done three of them have died.  I don't have any hard data to go on but this seems pretty abysmal to me.  I mean really, why even play the game if you never reach the end?

This is a question that I really wish I knew the answer to but it looks like its something that I'll never find out with my current group which begs the question "What do I do now?"  Recently I have been listening to a few different games that feature groups that play over Skype.  I've never tried this before but since it looks like it might be the only way to get in some role playing its something that I'm going to start looking into more seriously in the near future.  Don't know how well its going to work out but I'll be sure to pass along my experience when I do.  Until next time...

No comments: