DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ground Pounders In The Third Millenium!!!

Ground Pounders?  In the Third Millenium?  Yep, that's right folks, it more Traveller talk!

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, the Traveller game that I'm going to be playing in is starting to sound somewhat more combat oriented than I had originally thought so I decided to throw the dice again to see if I could make someone slightly more suitable to combat.  Honestly Tobias is pretty handy with various kinds of weapons but other than that... not so much.  Sneaking?  How do you do that?  Melee combat?  Is that French?  And so it was that Randall Stanton was "born".

Randall Stanton (yet another re-purposed Star Wars mini)

Unlike Tobias, I don't have quite as detailed a background written up for Randall so I'm just going to give a quick overview.  Keeping in mind his characteristics and my goal of trying to get a more effective fighter, I headed Randall right into the army.  Amazingly enough four terms and three promotions later I wound up with a very well rounded lance sergeant who mustered out of the at the ripe old age of 34.

Again there is a lot for me to build his background around as well but because of his military nature I want to find some more specifics about the region of space that we will be in so I can figure out system names and such.  As an added plus I also lucked out and not only did he get a suit of combat armor when he left the army, he also was given several combat implants and a weapon of his choice as well!  Overall he has a completely different feel from Tobias and that was with an even shorter char gen (Tobias went for five terms while Randall only served for four) but I was still able to more or less guide how he shaped up even with the random system.

I'm really excited to get either one of these characters to the table as I'm sure Jason is going to have some kind of crazy adventure in mind.  Before then though, I have to start digging through some of my old minis as its time to resurrect the dead.  No, I'm not talking zombies just old minis and dead game systems... but more on that next week.  Until next time...

No comments: