DriveThruRPG.com

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Oh Boy, A New Box Of Shinies!!!

Well it's definitely been a while since I wrote anything but things have been just a little busy here in Snowman's Land.  Unfortunately barely any gaming to speak of but I just received a package from Miniature Market that I'm really excited about.  So what's in the box?  Let's take a look, shall we?


First up we have a Stormrage Shambler from the D & D minis line.  It's a little hard to tell in the plastic but this is a large organic tentacled beastie that I picked up for use in a Call of Cthulhu adventure that I put together.  Miniatures are not really necessary for CoC, but given my background I just couldn't resist picking some up.  For this particular adventure I actually picked up four of the Fantasy Flight CoC miniatures from Arkham Horror to represent the investigators but I was missing some good figures for the mythos critters I needed, in particular the dimensional shambler.  Since I originally picked up the investigators, Fantasy Flight has actually released a miniature for the shambler as well but I'm really not a fan of it so I decided to go for something a little different.  No idea when I'm actually going to be able to run this one but I'm sure I can find a use for this guy in a Fear and Faith scenario in the meantime.



Next up is Get Bit by Mayday Games.  This is a filler game about robots being eaten by a shark.  We've actually gotten this one to the table already but I'm not going to say any more because I'm going to try to get up a review of it next week.


After that we have reinforcements for Summoner Wars, specifically the Mountain Vargath and the Swamp Orcs.  The Munchkin and I have been waiting for this one for a while since we both like the Vargath so I can't wait to see just what their new troops are like.


Then we have one of the most popular games out there, Small World Underground by Days of Wonder.  Rather than getting the original, I decided to get Underworld first as I've heard some of its mechanics provide some interesting twists on the original mechanics.  I'm sure I'll still get the original soon enough though as this just looks like an awesome game.  Expect a review of this one soon as well.


Finally the is Cadwallon: City of Thieves by Fantasy Flight Games.  Set in the old Rackham universe, this game pits gangs against each other and the city watch as they try spirit away the most spoils before the end of the night.  I've had my eye on this one for a while but as soon as I mentioned playing as a bunch of thieves the Munchkin got really interested so I had to get it.  And yes, there will be a review of this one once we get it to the table as well.

Anyway, that's about it for now but I'm really excited to try all of these out.  Plus I've ordered another tank for my Colonials and I'll be doing a review of that once I have it in my grubby little paws as well and there is a new Kickstarter coming soon that... looks... AWESOME!!!  But more on that soon.  Until next time...

No comments: