DriveThruRPG.com

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Suddenly the Wrath of Kings Started Raging

Months ago I had picked up some House Shael Han miniatures for Wrath of Kings though I'll admit that I had no intention of playing the game.  In fact I was going to use them for a Chinese themed force for In Her Majesty's Name but I never got around to pursuing it any further, largely because of the bases.  I had no idea that the bases that come with all the Wrath of Kings stuff are hollowed out for a base insert so they just wound up sitting in their boxes.
 
Fast forward to the end of last year, I ordered some of the House Goritzi Skorza to try modding into Shrekwuflen for Konflikt 47.  Well, once those came I saw just how big they were, especially compared to the normal minis in Konflikt so these joined the Shael Han force collecting dust.
 
Then around the beginning of January, I noticed the House Teknes starter set on Amazon for more than half off and it got me thinking "Maybe I should pick some of them up?"  I pulled the trigger and mentioned the game to my daughter who said she wouldn't mind giving it a try.  So I had the starter for Teknes and the same number of troops for Shael Han but she loves wolves and so I know she'd want to play Goritzi...  and off to Amazon I went again.
 
Long story short, I'm now the proud owner of four of the five starter armies available for Wrath of Kings.  I haven't been able to play the game yet but I've been steadily working my way through assembling the minis and I have been pleasantly surprised.  They go together very easily and have really good detail on them.  Even so I must admit that painting them is not high on my list right now but I might some day.  In the meantime I just want to play the game and then I'll go from there.

No comments: